Sports Injuries & Athletic Training
Certified athletic trainers are licensed healthcare professionals by the state of Georgia who specializes in the evaluation, treatment, and prevention of sports injuries. A certified/licensed athletic trainer can also evaluate and treat most orthopedic injuries.
SCPT Athletic Training Services
- Our Clinical Director, Jeff Lewandowski, DPT, ATC, MTC, SCS, is a Certified Athletic Trainer and Board Certified Sports Clinical Specialist.
- SCPT is a state-of-the-art, fully equipped orthopedic and sports medicine rehabilitation facility, which features the AlterG Anti-Gravity Treadmill, Biodex isokinetic testing and training, inertial exercise, specialized isotonic rehabilitation machines, mechanical traction, and a full array of physical modalities.
- The Director of Sports Medicine and Head Football Athletic Trainer at the University of Alabama discuss the benefits of the AlterG Anti-Gravity Treadmill for their athletes – helps athletes build confidence, injured athletes can maintain cardiovascular fitness and stay in shape in a safe environment, allows them to walk with normal gait patterns and prevents athletes from developing bad habits during rehab.
Community Sports Medicine Programs
- SportsCare Physical Therapy has an active community outreach sports medicine program. Our physical therapist provides athletic training for Lambert High School.
- Our athletic trainers are present for the home games of the sports that are considered “contact sports” (football, basketball, wrestling, soccer, and lacrosse). We also cover away varsity football games. Home games of other sports are covered based on our availability. We help to provide sports physicals, once per year, at these schools.
- We provide sports medicine coverage for local club teams, little league associations, and tournaments.
For more information, contact us today at our Johns Creek or Duluth, GA office.